Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I SURVIVED?

When I started this blog I was in the beginnings of a sprititual journey along a dangerous path . Sin, self-doubt and personal insecurities were my crutches. I've denied a ton of crap in my life but one thing that I have embraced now, with all my heart, is my total devotion to going from a place callled "HERE" to a place called "THERE".

My story is long and it may take some time, but I feel you will know it. Basically it boils down to ME, godless and alone. "HERE". Adfrift and mad. Using alcohol to be not only a crutch but a lover. I lost my mom and my fiance within 1 year. I thought I could cope. I was not a good person. I should have shown both more personal attention and love, less anger. It destroyed me when the glass ceilings fell.

I spiraled out of control. Emotionaly and financialy. All I can say is there was something - somewhere - GOD - that wanted me to survive. I tolerated life. I was not happy.

I grew accustomed to it. Then I was invited to participate in an Iron Chef competition at Breakthough. I was a little resistant but I like to cook. I agreed. I lost. Humilty is good.

Over the next few days I began to realize that the people that I had met at the competition were not religious zealots. I was raised Catholic - but upon my Mom's death, I was done with the "Church". I was afraid to trust and these people were friends who welcomed me.

Scared as hell, I went to Breakthough for service. I watched as the congregation sang praises and then I watched the young, spirit-filled preacher speak. His words I liked. I met more of the fellowship of Christians. I began to listen WHAT the preacher said. I began to question my life and the long cut-off relationship I had with the Lord. My whole life in chaos - I made a choice. I wanted to live a Christian lifestyle and accept Jesus as my Saviour. I regularly attend Breakthrough on Sundays. My transportation situation does not permit me to attend any other events unless someone helps me. GOD has provided in that area and I am truly happy.

Shortly after - I joined Breakthrough and entered into our sacred covenant with God and our community. I bought a BIBLE and was BAPTISED. I cannot tell you what a moving and transforming experience that was. Come check it out and see.

Today I write about something extroidinary. I AM a different man. I still am ME, but I CHOOSE to receive and LIVE what GOD directs me to do. In the Catholic Church - I quit listening a long time ago, especially to boring hymns and self-righteous bullshit. Now I SING - PRAISES TO THE LORD! The sleeper has awakened and I'm headed to place called "THERE"!

GOD is cool. We need change. The LORD knows before we do. Trust. I DO NOW!

1 comment:

askasheville said...

Nice testimony. Congrats and peace to you Will.