Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Soup

Winter without snow sucks. Short days, cold winds, dry skin and chapped lips - and still no snow. I watched the news this morning and saw the 200 or so people camping out for Phish tix at the civic center. I know they're feeling the cramps and bone chilling temps. One question: why not use TicketMaster? It makes little to no sense to me.

Decisions. I'm really scared about a choice I'm getting ready to make. In the state of our economy, is it wise for me to swith jobs? And it is always fun when the PAST intersects the NOW. I have to believe someone is getting their rocks off watching me squirm and fret.

I know when it is all said and done, Pack Square will appeal to many. But downtown is such a mess right now. Traffic detours, construction barricades, etc = ugly Asheville. And another Bele Chere will be disrupted by this Asheville eye sore.

I'm down to only one WiiMote now. During his visit last weekend, my friend N decided the WiiMote he was using would somehow perform better with a baptism of tonic water. Alas - he has promised a replacement.

Super Bowl Sunday: having a big party at the church Breakthrough World Outreach Center. Chili cookoff should be good, but I'm going to set this competition out I think. After my last bruising, maybe I'll judge.

Can you believe a diehard Cowboys fan is pulling for the Steelers?

No comments: